Business Allocation of Dept. of Pharmaceuticals
The Department is entrusted with the responsibility of policy, planning, development and regulation of Pharmaceuticals Industries.
- Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, excluding those specifically allotted to other departments.
- Medical Devices - Industry issues relating to promotion, production and manufacture; excluding those specifically allotted to other Departments.
- Promotion and co-ordination of basic, applied and other research in areas related to the pharmaceutical sector.
- Development of infrastructure, manpower and skills for the pharmaceutical sector and management of related information.
- Education and training including high end research and grant of fellowships in India and abroad, exchange of information and technical guidance on all matters relating to pharmaceutical sector.
- Promotion of public – private – partnership in pharmaceutical related areas.
- International co-operation in pharmaceutical research, including work related to international conferences in related areas in India and abroad.
- Inter-sectoral coordination including coordination between organizations and institutes under the Central and State Governments in areas related to the subjects entrusted to the Department.
- Technical support for dealing with national hazards in pharmaceutical sector.
- All matters relating to National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority including related functions of price control/monitoring.
- All matters relating to National Institutes for Pharmacy Education and Research.
- Planning, development and control of, and assistance to, all industries dealt with by the Department.
- Bengal Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Hindustan Antibiotics Limited.
- Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Karnataka Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- Rajasthan Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited.