About Project Development Cell (PDC)
The Union Cabinet, on 3rd June 2020, under the leadership of Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for setting up of a Project Development Cells (PDCs) in Ministries/Departments of Government of India for attracting investments in India. This mechanism will reinforce India's vision of becoming a US$ 5 trillion economy by 2024-25.
PDC, Department of Pharmaceuticals aims to enhance the investment friendly ecosystem that strongly supports the domestic investor as well as FDI and will boost the economy manifold. To provide Investors a seamless access to the Indian market, bring synergies and ensuring timely clearances from different departments and ministries; to attract increased investments into India in the pharmaceuticals & medical devices sectors; provide investment support and facilitation to global investors; to facilitate investments of top investors in a targeted manner; and to usher policy stability and consistency in the overall investment environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review list of potential investors.
- Interact with potential investors and associate State Governments
- Identify suitable clusters / geographical locations.
- Fast-track project implementation.
- Facilitation and Redressal- pertaining to regulatory & policy to facilitate investments into the country.
- Nodal Officer: Shri Navdeep Rinwa, Joint Secretary [Email ID- js[dot]pharma[at]nic[dot]in]
Dr Sumit Garg, Deputy Secretary [Email Id- sumit[dot]g[at]nic[dot]in]
Shri Venkat Hariharan, Deputy Director [ Email ID- venkat[dot]ha[at]gov[dot]in]
Shri Arvind Kumar, Under Secretary [Email ID- arvind[dot]76[at]gov[dot]in]
Pharma Bureau Consultants [Email ID- pharma-bureau[at]gov[dot]in]